“There’s a little bit of magic in every box”. -Adam Rex
Everyone has had to deal with messy cords at least once. As for us, we can’t stand to look at them anymore. It makes the house look messy and all the little dust bunnies and cat/dog hair get stuck in it. Here is a quick fix that is very inexpensive.
- Box that opens on top. Like a shoe box. We got ours at Michael’s Craft store for $2.00.
- Zip Ties
- Post it notes (or any paper)
- Exacto Knife
- Pencil and Eraser
- OH AND A HOT GLUE GUN (GLUE STICKS)
- First you will need your ruler to measure out where you want your holes for the cords. We did two on the side (for the cords to enter) And two in the front (for extension cords, phone chargers, etc.) Our Gromments came with a stencil to measure out how big the holes are. This made it super simple.
- Since the cardboard is too thick the Gromments wouldn’t snap on. We decided to use our glue gun and glue a grommet to both sides of each hole. We feel like this made it more secure anyways.
- Once you have all your holes in the box. You will need to untangle your cords, that need organizing. We made little labels for each cord because we had a lot.
- We then ran each cable into the box one by one and the power bar cables out to the plug.
- Once all the cables were in the box with the power bar we raveled them up, so they were not too long, and secured them with a zip tie.
- Lastly we plugged them all in to the power cord. Now just put the lid on the box and your done! Voila nice and organized.