“Waxing is Not a Luxury, it is a Necessity.” -Unknown
Three things around the house can make a luxury so much more affordable. We loved how well this wax worked and as a plus it has a delicious sweet aroma. This DIY was so easy to make as was affordable as well.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Popsicle Stick (For Spreading Wax)
- Place all ingredients into a small sauce pan.Boil for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally (Once the wax is cooked it should be a golden honey color) if it is to light then you didn’t cook it long enough, and if it is too dark then you cooked it too long.
2. Pour cooked wax into a glass or microwave safe container. ( If you are using a glass container then make sure it is warmed ahead of time so that the glass does not break.)
3. Let cool for at least 20 minutes, as the wax will be hot. When you think it might be ready be sure to test it with your finger as to not burn yourself. Once the wax has cooled, use your Popsicle Stick as a spatula and apply the wax to the desired area. Spread evenly but leave an edge to pull. You are going to apply the wax the opposite way the hair growths
4. You are going to pull the wax off in the same direction of the hair growth. ( Opposite than traditional waxing.
5. Here is a little example of how well it pulls the hair out. We only did a small section because we used Josh’s leg. (He was the only one in the house with hair.) As you can see, after there will be a little redness. We just applied some Aloe Vera Gel and in a few minutes he was good as new.
*tip: to clean the dish we used, we just soaked it in warm water and the wax dissolved.
We really love this recipe because it is so much more affordable than buying wax from a beauty supply store. He hope you liked this easy DIY! 🙂