“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy cake and that’s kinda the same thing.” -Unknown
Happy Valentine’s Day!! Love is in the air. This DIY is a perfect surprise your special someone, your family, or even your friends. It would also be perfect to bake these delicious little treats with that special someone on Valentine’s Day.
Here is what you need:
- Cake Mix and Cake ingredients (We used White)
- 1/3 Cup Frosting (We used Chocolate Fudge)
- Treat Sticks
- Candy Melts
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Bake Cake according to manufacturers directions. We added 10 drops of red food coloring to make a pink color. Once the cake is cool enough to handle crumble well. We used the food processor.
- Add the frosting to your cake crumbles and mix well. We found it easiest using our hands to mix it.
3. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop to measure, roll the dough into little round balls. Insert the balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the balls are hard from the freezer, melt a few disks of chocolate. We put them in the microwave for 1 minute stirred and then warmed in 30 second increments. Be careful not to burn. This is what you are going to use as ‘glue’ to hold the stick into the cake. Insert the stick about half way into the cake balls.
5. Your Cake Pops are now ready to be dipped. Prepare the chocolate the same as described above. And Dip. You will have excess chocolate so we just held them over the bowl till it dripped off.
6. To let them dry place them on a piece or parchment paper. Add your sprinkles, we used the ones we made in our DIY Glitter Sprinkles. 🙂
7. Allow to dry and they are ready to eat. This recipe made 24 Cake Pops. Hope you like this delicious little Valentine’s day treat.