“Happiness is a ring on your finger.” -Unknown
Because of the placement of the diamonds on my engagement ring, the ring can not be sized down enough to fit my finger. I have tried many different ring sizers but they are all impractical. The little plastic ones slip off and the dipsize takes a million coats and forever to dry. Not only that but you have to redo it often. I don’t know about you but I do not have the time for that. So I found a solution. Hot glue! (do this at your own risk) I have only tried this on gold. Personally I have not had any damage to my ring. Just make sure the glue only gets on the band and not the diamonds.
-Hot glue gun
-Ring that is too big
-paper to put the glue on
- Clean your ring well with ring cleaner.
- Put the hot glue onto a piece of paper.
- Dip your ring into the glue.
- Once the band of the ring is covered, lift the ring and let the excess drip off.
- Let your ring dry for 5 minutes.
- Try the ring on for size, if it is still too big, repeat the steps until it fits.
Your ring is now ready to wear again. Usually this lasts a few weeks to a month. I like how there are no edges like the plastic ring sizers. Hope this little diy helps you 🙂
One mans trash is another mans treasure… – Unknown
Sometimes we have those stubborn labels that won’t come off, after we spend forever peeling piece by piece we are left with this sticky residue. We found a way to avoid all that nonsense with some items that you probably already in your house. You can use this trick with any glass bottle.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- Sink full of super hot water
- 2 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dish Soap
1.Fill your sink and bottle with very hot water. Put the bottle into the water.
2.Add the baking powder and dish soap to the water in the sink. Add the vinegar last.
3.You should now see a chemical reaction. Like this…
4.Leave the bottle in the mixture for 1 minutes. The label should slide right off.
You can use the bottles from this hack for many different things. We made a little vase. Get creative 🙂
“Tear Off the Mask. Your Face is Glorious.” -Rumi
We have an awesome DIY peel of mask for you that tackles those pesky blackheads. We did not invent this mask but it is one of our favorites. It is really easy and you only need two items.
What you will need:
- 3 Tablets Activated Charcoal
- 1/4 Elmer’s School Glue
(Makes enough for 4 masks.)
- Measure your school glue
- Break open your charcoal tablets and pour into your glue.
- Stir well. (we just used a Popsicle stick for this)
- Now prepare your face by washing well with warm water. This will help to open your pores.
- Apply the mask to the desired areas. You can apply all over, or target blackhead prone areas such as the nose, chin, and forehead.
- Apply a thick layer, and avoid eyebrows and other areas with hair.
- Let the mask dry completely (about 20 min.)
- Now peel the mask off starting from the bottom to the top.
- This will remove tons of blackheads but if you have a lot it might take more than one application.
- Allow a couple of days in between applications so you don’t irritate your skin.
Hope you enjoy this DIY mask . 🙂
“I’m crazy for color. Color embraces you. It wakes you up and keeps you present.- Tracey Reese
A lot of people don’t realize that Rit (Clothes Dye) can be used for many things. In our case we have these place mats the don’t quite match our home the way we would like them to. So with this affordable hack, you can make your home a little more to your liking.
What you will need:
- Place mats
- Rit Clothes dye
- Table Salt
- Take your place mat, or your wicker like material, and place it into a bucket of water.
(The amount of water needed for this diy depends on the number of bottles that you use of the dye.) We used 2 bottles and 6 liters water.
2. Once you have the correct amount of water prepared, go ahead and pour the bottle of dye in.
3. Before you submerge your mat into the bucket of dye, make sure the item is thoroughly wet. Then you can dunk it into your bucket. This is very important for even application of the dye. After allow it to soak for about 20-30 mins.( Make sure that you regularly check to make sure it is still submerged or you will get a blotchy effect onto the wicker)
4. Finally allow it to dry and then your place mat is ready to join the dining table again.
We hope you find this diy helpful and give it a try. Enjoy! 🙂
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy cake and that’s kinda the same thing.” -Unknown
Happy Valentine’s Day!! Love is in the air. This DIY is a perfect surprise your special someone, your family, or even your friends. It would also be perfect to bake these delicious little treats with that special someone on Valentine’s Day.
Here is what you need:
- Cake Mix and Cake ingredients (We used White)
- 1/3 Cup Frosting (We used Chocolate Fudge)
- Treat Sticks
- Candy Melts
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Bake Cake according to manufacturers directions. We added 10 drops of red food coloring to make a pink color. Once the cake is cool enough to handle crumble well. We used the food processor.
- Add the frosting to your cake crumbles and mix well. We found it easiest using our hands to mix it.
3. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop to measure, roll the dough into little round balls. Insert the balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the balls are hard from the freezer, melt a few disks of chocolate. We put them in the microwave for 1 minute stirred and then warmed in 30 second increments. Be careful not to burn. This is what you are going to use as ‘glue’ to hold the stick into the cake. Insert the stick about half way into the cake balls.
5. Your Cake Pops are now ready to be dipped. Prepare the chocolate the same as described above. And Dip. You will have excess chocolate so we just held them over the bowl till it dripped off.
6. To let them dry place them on a piece or parchment paper. Add your sprinkles, we used the ones we made in our DIY Glitter Sprinkles. 🙂
7. Allow to dry and they are ready to eat. This recipe made 24 Cake Pops. Hope you like this delicious little Valentine’s day treat.
Everybody’s Got Their Poison, and Mine is Sugar – Derrick Rose
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and it is the time to start baking. We have these cute, easy sprinkles that you can put on almost anything. Cookies, Cake pops, Cupcakes and even Ice Cream . They are so inexpensive and easy too.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Food Coloring (we used red and blue)
- Plastic Baggies
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Salt and Pepper Shakers (for storage, optional)
First you will separate your sugar into two baggies. (More or less depending on how many color sprinkles you will have.) We put 1/4 Cups of sugar in each bag. Next add your food coloring drops. We used 15 drops in one bag, for a nice rich red. In the other baggie we added 10 drops of red and 6 drops of blue (for a pretty purple.) Shake well to mix.
Next line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread a thin even layer of the sugar mixture.
Last insert the sugar into the oven at 200°F for about 4 minutes or until glistening. Be careful to not melt the sugar, don’t go to far from the oven 🙂
And you are done. Let cool and sprinkle away!
“Frying Pans…Who Knew Right?” -Flynn Ryder
There is literally nothing worse than having a pan that is not so non-stick anymore. Everything burns to the bottom and then you have to spend forever scrubbing the stupid thing. We tried everything to restore this old pan before letting it go. We found a trick for you that actually works. It super simple too. Chances are that you already have everything you need inside your kitchen.
All you need:
- Old Frying Pan
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Heat your pan for 2-3 minutes. Once your pan is hot, add the 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
2. Swirl the coconut oil around in the pan, so that the entire surface is coated. Once the coconut oil starts to smoke, remove it from heat and let cool.
3. Once the pan is cool take a paper towel and rub the left over oil into the pan.
4. Your pan is as good as new.By heating the pan you open the natural spores to allow the coconut oil to penetrate into the surface. We hope this helped to make your life a little easier and cleaning to not be so tedious.