“Tear Off the Mask. Your Face is Glorious.” -Rumi
We have an awesome DIY peel of mask for you that tackles those pesky blackheads. We did not invent this mask but it is one of our favorites. It is really easy and you only need two items.
What you will need:
- 3 Tablets Activated Charcoal
- 1/4 Elmer’s School Glue
(Makes enough for 4 masks.)
- Measure your school glue
- Break open your charcoal tablets and pour into your glue.
- Stir well. (we just used a Popsicle stick for this)
- Now prepare your face by washing well with warm water. This will help to open your pores.
- Apply the mask to the desired areas. You can apply all over, or target blackhead prone areas such as the nose, chin, and forehead.
- Apply a thick layer, and avoid eyebrows and other areas with hair.
- Let the mask dry completely (about 20 min.)
- Now peel the mask off starting from the bottom to the top.
- This will remove tons of blackheads but if you have a lot it might take more than one application.
- Allow a couple of days in between applications so you don’t irritate your skin.
Hope you enjoy this DIY mask . 🙂
“When in Doubt, Take a Bath.” -Mae West
After a long day our de-stress bath bomb is the best way to relax. So grab a glass of wine (or juice) and take a load off. This recipe took a little while to perfect, but if you follow the recipe exactly…it should be a breeze. Getting the supplies can cost a bit, but you will get a lot out bath bombs of it.
Here is what we used:
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 21 Drops of Essential Oil(s)
- Silicone Mold (or a mold of your choice)
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional
- In large bowl combine all dry ingredients. (If you are using food coloring, now would be the time to add it.) We have found that the best way to mix, is using your hands. We used gloves so that our hands did not stain. Keep using drops till you reach the desired intensity. We used 12 drops of blue and 6 drops of green to get the beautiful aqua color. When you mix the food coloring to the dry ingredients the color will look light, but it will get darker when added the wet ingredients.
2. Put 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt. (About 20 seconds).
3. Pour the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients. We just poured spoonfuls at a time while mixing with one hand. You will want the consistency of wet sand. (Think sand castle.) To check squeeze the mixture in your hand and once it all sticks together with out crumbling, it is ready.
4. When the mixture is ready you are going to add your essential Oils. We used 7 drops each of Lavender, Chamomile, and Frankincense. Equaling to 21 drops. (This blend can help to relive stress and anxiety.:)
5. Now you are ready to put the mixture into your mold. Make sure you pack the mixture down firmly.
6. Let your mixture sit in the mold for about 24 hours. Or if you are impatient like us you can put them in the freezer. Ours were ready in only 2 hours 🙂
If you love bath bombs as much as us, you have to try this recipe. You will love it!
“To Eat is a necessity, but to Eat Intelligently is an Art.” -Unknown
Pre-Made smoothie packs make your morning routine so much easier. We like to start off every Sunday and prepare our favorite recipes for our weekly smoothies. It is really easy and you can add all your favorite fruits and vegetables. The sky is the limit. You can also add your favorite additive such as yogurt or milk to an ice-cube tray and freeze, then add those in the baggies as well. We did not do that because we like to switch it up.
Here is what we used:
- Organic Whole Strawberries
- Freestone Peaches
- Organic Mango Chunks
- Pineapple Chunks
- Pure Acai
- Organic Raspberries
- Sandwich Bags
- If your using fresh fruit, wash and dice the ingredients you will be using. Separate everything in to baggies. We usually add a variety of fruits and vegetables that equal to about 2 to 3 cups in each bag. We always make our smoothies with either 1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk or 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt.
Here are some of our favorite smoothie combinations:
- “Strawberry Like You” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
2. “She’s a Super Peach” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
3. “Don’t Be a Blueberry” Smoothie
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Acai
- 1/2 Cups Strawberries
4. “Let’s Do The Mango” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Mango
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Strawberries
We hope this Mini DIY will help to make your mornings a little easier. You know what they say, ” Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Let us know which one is your favorite!