“I’m crazy for color. Color embraces you. It wakes you up and keeps you present.- Tracey Reese
A lot of people don’t realize that Rit (Clothes Dye) can be used for many things. In our case we have these place mats the don’t quite match our home the way we would like them to. So with this affordable hack, you can make your home a little more to your liking.
What you will need:
- Place mats
- Rit Clothes dye
- Table Salt
- Take your place mat, or your wicker like material, and place it into a bucket of water.
(The amount of water needed for this diy depends on the number of bottles that you use of the dye.) We used 2 bottles and 6 liters water.
2. Once you have the correct amount of water prepared, go ahead and pour the bottle of dye in.
3. Before you submerge your mat into the bucket of dye, make sure the item is thoroughly wet. Then you can dunk it into your bucket. This is very important for even application of the dye. After allow it to soak for about 20-30 mins.( Make sure that you regularly check to make sure it is still submerged or you will get a blotchy effect onto the wicker)
4. Finally allow it to dry and then your place mat is ready to join the dining table again.
We hope you find this diy helpful and give it a try. Enjoy! 🙂
“You’ve got to be happy in your own skin” -Jada Pinkett Smith
To our fellow oily skin friends, we have an inexpensive solution for you. We have found an easy affordable face mask, using only two ingredients! That’s right! Only 2!
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has many skin benefits, such as wound healing, anti-inflammatory properties, treatment of acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Turmeric is also beneficial in many ways. One of the ways is, it regulates the production of Sebum (oil) in your skin. Depending on what you mix the turmeric with you can make many masks for all different skin types. Here is what it looks like mixed with the aloe vera gel.
You are now all set to slather it all over your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes (depending how oily you are). Take as many Selfies as your heart desires. Here is Josh enjoying his mask, and his selfies.
All of our Oily skin family members have fallen in love with this oil fighting skin mask. It is great for men and women. It also has a really nice spiced smell. Make sure you wash you face really well afterwards with an exfoliating face wash or a wash cloth. When you are finished your skin will feel so soft and fresh, you won’t believe it is your skin. We know you will be pleased with this face mask!
*This mask is best done before bedtime as you might have slightly yellow tinted skin immediately after. Exfoliating will remove all traces of the yellow mask.
“It doesn’t matter how ready you think you are. The toaster will always scare you.” -Unknown
Sometimes the little things, such as cleaning the toaster can be easily ignored. Then one day it gets so bad, your surprised at how dirty it has become. That’s what happened to us. There is so much build up, it makes it harder to clean. It’s not just a spot treatment anymore. Today we are going to show you how to make your toaster look new again. You just need a few things.
What you will need:
- Dirty Toaster (please don’t judge us)
- Your Favorite Dish Soap
- Clean Paint Brush
- Stainless Steal Polish
- Here is our toaster. As you can see it is full of crumbs and seeds at the bottom. Usually we just flip it upside down over the trash and shake hoping that most of it will come out. We did not even realize that there is a little tray that slides out.
2. The crumb tray is usually located in the back/bottom of the toaster. It should have a tab and slide right out.
3. Ours had quite a bit of build up. We shook the loose crumbs into the trash and soaked the tray in warm soapy water.
4. Next we turned the toaster upside down and shook the rest of the crumbs out.
5. After shaking all the crumbs loose, we took our little paintbrush with warm soapy water and cleaned out the crevices.
6. Now it is time to focus on the outside. Take a sponge and dip into warm soapy water again. Clean the outside and be gentle not to scratch the surface. Dry with a soft cloth.
7. Last take your stainless steel cleaner (this is our favorite part), and polish according to manufacturers directions.
This is what our toaster looked like after…Inside and out.
Thank you for following along with us. Your toaster will look as good as new in no time. Enjoy!
owing along with us. Your toaster will look as good as new in no time. Enjoy!
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” -Dr. Seuss
Nothing is more annoying than a cable that is way to long. We have a solution for you. It is basically free and takes only a few minutes.
You will need:
- Cable you want to shorten
- A Stick (spoon, pencil, pen, broom)
First you will need to grab your stick and wrap your cable around in a spiral pattern. Make sure it is secure and uniform.
The next step will be to blowdry the cable while it is still wrapped around the stick. It might be a little easier if you have someone else hold it for you. Blowdry for about one minute, or until warm to the touch.
The last step is to let the cable cool. You can put it in the fridge, or hold it in front of the fan if you are impatient like us. Once the cable is cool, remove it from the stick.
You are finished Enjoy!
*If your going to keep the cable in the car, it might go straight again from the heat. Other than that the curl should last.
“Better to Illuminate, than Merely to Shine.” -Thomas Aquinas
You can never have too many candles. We have them all over the house. This candle would look great anywhere. Something about the way the light shines, helps greatly with relaxation. I hope it helps you to relax too. This project was super simple and very affordable (our favorite). All supplies were purchased from the dollar store.
What you will need:
- Glass Gems
- Mason Jar
- Glue Sticks
- Glue Gun
So for this one, literally all you have to do is glue the little gems to the mason jar. We went in rows starting at the bottom of the jar and working upward.
Work all the way to the top. Once you finish remove the lid and insert a lit candle. Now turn off the lights.
We had so much fun creating this DIY. We hope you try it out, you won’t regret it. This candle looks great with the lights on or off. Enjoy!
“When Life Gives You Lemons…” -Unknown
So we are deep into winter now and everyone’s skin could use a little pick me up. We made this easy and affordable body scrub that is great for everyone. Just use a little in the shower and then after you get out use some lotion, your skin will thank you. The smell is so fresh and perfect for men and women.
What you will need:
- Juice of 2 Lemons (2 oz. lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons or 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Epsom Salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary seasoning (or fresh rosemary)
- In a medium bowl add 1 1/2 cups epsom salt.
2. Add the zest of one lemon to the bowl. We used the zest part of the cheese grater.
3. Add the juice of two lemons. (2 oz. lemon juice)
4. Add 4 Tablespoons (2 oz.) olive oil.
5. Stir well and add 1/2 tablespoon rosemary. (or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary)
6. Stir well and add to airtight container of your choice. We are using this delicious smelling scrub as little gifts, so we put it in cute little mini mason jars. We also tied cute little ribbon bows.
Hope you enjoyed this easy affordable DIY. These make perfect gifts such as stocking stuffers, thank you gifts, party favors, and even birthday surprises. This recipe even is great to make for yourself. #treatyoself