“Tear Off the Mask. Your Face is Glorious.” -Rumi
We have an awesome DIY peel of mask for you that tackles those pesky blackheads. We did not invent this mask but it is one of our favorites. It is really easy and you only need two items.
What you will need:
- 3 Tablets Activated Charcoal
- 1/4 Elmer’s School Glue
(Makes enough for 4 masks.)
- Measure your school glue
- Break open your charcoal tablets and pour into your glue.
- Stir well. (we just used a Popsicle stick for this)
- Now prepare your face by washing well with warm water. This will help to open your pores.
- Apply the mask to the desired areas. You can apply all over, or target blackhead prone areas such as the nose, chin, and forehead.
- Apply a thick layer, and avoid eyebrows and other areas with hair.
- Let the mask dry completely (about 20 min.)
- Now peel the mask off starting from the bottom to the top.
- This will remove tons of blackheads but if you have a lot it might take more than one application.
- Allow a couple of days in between applications so you don’t irritate your skin.
Hope you enjoy this DIY mask . 🙂
“When in Doubt, Take a Bath.” -Mae West
After a long day our de-stress bath bomb is the best way to relax. So grab a glass of wine (or juice) and take a load off. This recipe took a little while to perfect, but if you follow the recipe exactly…it should be a breeze. Getting the supplies can cost a bit, but you will get a lot out bath bombs of it.
Here is what we used:
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 21 Drops of Essential Oil(s)
- Silicone Mold (or a mold of your choice)
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional
- In large bowl combine all dry ingredients. (If you are using food coloring, now would be the time to add it.) We have found that the best way to mix, is using your hands. We used gloves so that our hands did not stain. Keep using drops till you reach the desired intensity. We used 12 drops of blue and 6 drops of green to get the beautiful aqua color. When you mix the food coloring to the dry ingredients the color will look light, but it will get darker when added the wet ingredients.
2. Put 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt. (About 20 seconds).
3. Pour the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients. We just poured spoonfuls at a time while mixing with one hand. You will want the consistency of wet sand. (Think sand castle.) To check squeeze the mixture in your hand and once it all sticks together with out crumbling, it is ready.
4. When the mixture is ready you are going to add your essential Oils. We used 7 drops each of Lavender, Chamomile, and Frankincense. Equaling to 21 drops. (This blend can help to relive stress and anxiety.:)
5. Now you are ready to put the mixture into your mold. Make sure you pack the mixture down firmly.
6. Let your mixture sit in the mold for about 24 hours. Or if you are impatient like us you can put them in the freezer. Ours were ready in only 2 hours 🙂
If you love bath bombs as much as us, you have to try this recipe. You will love it!
“Waxing is Not a Luxury, it is a Necessity.” -Unknown
Three things around the house can make a luxury so much more affordable. We loved how well this wax worked and as a plus it has a delicious sweet aroma. This DIY was so easy to make as was affordable as well.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Popsicle Stick (For Spreading Wax)
- Place all ingredients into a small sauce pan.Boil for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally (Once the wax is cooked it should be a golden honey color) if it is to light then you didn’t cook it long enough, and if it is too dark then you cooked it too long.
2. Pour cooked wax into a glass or microwave safe container. ( If you are using a glass container then make sure it is warmed ahead of time so that the glass does not break.)
3. Let cool for at least 20 minutes, as the wax will be hot. When you think it might be ready be sure to test it with your finger as to not burn yourself. Once the wax has cooled, use your Popsicle Stick as a spatula and apply the wax to the desired area. Spread evenly but leave an edge to pull. You are going to apply the wax the opposite way the hair growths
4. You are going to pull the wax off in the same direction of the hair growth. ( Opposite than traditional waxing.
5. Here is a little example of how well it pulls the hair out. We only did a small section because we used Josh’s leg. (He was the only one in the house with hair.) As you can see, after there will be a little redness. We just applied some Aloe Vera Gel and in a few minutes he was good as new.
*tip: to clean the dish we used, we just soaked it in warm water and the wax dissolved.
We really love this recipe because it is so much more affordable than buying wax from a beauty supply store. He hope you liked this easy DIY! 🙂
“You’ve got to be happy in your own skin” -Jada Pinkett Smith
To our fellow oily skin friends, we have an inexpensive solution for you. We have found an easy affordable face mask, using only two ingredients! That’s right! Only 2!
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has many skin benefits, such as wound healing, anti-inflammatory properties, treatment of acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Turmeric is also beneficial in many ways. One of the ways is, it regulates the production of Sebum (oil) in your skin. Depending on what you mix the turmeric with you can make many masks for all different skin types. Here is what it looks like mixed with the aloe vera gel.
You are now all set to slather it all over your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes (depending how oily you are). Take as many Selfies as your heart desires. Here is Josh enjoying his mask, and his selfies.
All of our Oily skin family members have fallen in love with this oil fighting skin mask. It is great for men and women. It also has a really nice spiced smell. Make sure you wash you face really well afterwards with an exfoliating face wash or a wash cloth. When you are finished your skin will feel so soft and fresh, you won’t believe it is your skin. We know you will be pleased with this face mask!
*This mask is best done before bedtime as you might have slightly yellow tinted skin immediately after. Exfoliating will remove all traces of the yellow mask.
“When Life Gives You Lemons…” -Unknown
So we are deep into winter now and everyone’s skin could use a little pick me up. We made this easy and affordable body scrub that is great for everyone. Just use a little in the shower and then after you get out use some lotion, your skin will thank you. The smell is so fresh and perfect for men and women.
What you will need:
- Juice of 2 Lemons (2 oz. lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons or 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Epsom Salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary seasoning (or fresh rosemary)
- In a medium bowl add 1 1/2 cups epsom salt.
2. Add the zest of one lemon to the bowl. We used the zest part of the cheese grater.
3. Add the juice of two lemons. (2 oz. lemon juice)
4. Add 4 Tablespoons (2 oz.) olive oil.
5. Stir well and add 1/2 tablespoon rosemary. (or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary)
6. Stir well and add to airtight container of your choice. We are using this delicious smelling scrub as little gifts, so we put it in cute little mini mason jars. We also tied cute little ribbon bows.
Hope you enjoyed this easy affordable DIY. These make perfect gifts such as stocking stuffers, thank you gifts, party favors, and even birthday surprises. This recipe even is great to make for yourself. #treatyoself