“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy cake and that’s kinda the same thing.” -Unknown
Happy Valentine’s Day!! Love is in the air. This DIY is a perfect surprise your special someone, your family, or even your friends. It would also be perfect to bake these delicious little treats with that special someone on Valentine’s Day.
Here is what you need:
- Cake Mix and Cake ingredients (We used White)
- 1/3 Cup Frosting (We used Chocolate Fudge)
- Treat Sticks
- Candy Melts
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Bake Cake according to manufacturers directions. We added 10 drops of red food coloring to make a pink color. Once the cake is cool enough to handle crumble well. We used the food processor.
- Add the frosting to your cake crumbles and mix well. We found it easiest using our hands to mix it.
3. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop to measure, roll the dough into little round balls. Insert the balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the balls are hard from the freezer, melt a few disks of chocolate. We put them in the microwave for 1 minute stirred and then warmed in 30 second increments. Be careful not to burn. This is what you are going to use as ‘glue’ to hold the stick into the cake. Insert the stick about half way into the cake balls.
5. Your Cake Pops are now ready to be dipped. Prepare the chocolate the same as described above. And Dip. You will have excess chocolate so we just held them over the bowl till it dripped off.
6. To let them dry place them on a piece or parchment paper. Add your sprinkles, we used the ones we made in our DIY Glitter Sprinkles. 🙂
7. Allow to dry and they are ready to eat. This recipe made 24 Cake Pops. Hope you like this delicious little Valentine’s day treat.
Everybody’s Got Their Poison, and Mine is Sugar – Derrick Rose
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and it is the time to start baking. We have these cute, easy sprinkles that you can put on almost anything. Cookies, Cake pops, Cupcakes and even Ice Cream . They are so inexpensive and easy too.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Food Coloring (we used red and blue)
- Plastic Baggies
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Salt and Pepper Shakers (for storage, optional)
First you will separate your sugar into two baggies. (More or less depending on how many color sprinkles you will have.) We put 1/4 Cups of sugar in each bag. Next add your food coloring drops. We used 15 drops in one bag, for a nice rich red. In the other baggie we added 10 drops of red and 6 drops of blue (for a pretty purple.) Shake well to mix.
Next line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread a thin even layer of the sugar mixture.
Last insert the sugar into the oven at 200°F for about 4 minutes or until glistening. Be careful to not melt the sugar, don’t go to far from the oven 🙂
And you are done. Let cool and sprinkle away!
“Frying Pans…Who Knew Right?” -Flynn Ryder
There is literally nothing worse than having a pan that is not so non-stick anymore. Everything burns to the bottom and then you have to spend forever scrubbing the stupid thing. We tried everything to restore this old pan before letting it go. We found a trick for you that actually works. It super simple too. Chances are that you already have everything you need inside your kitchen.
All you need:
- Old Frying Pan
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Heat your pan for 2-3 minutes. Once your pan is hot, add the 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
2. Swirl the coconut oil around in the pan, so that the entire surface is coated. Once the coconut oil starts to smoke, remove it from heat and let cool.
3. Once the pan is cool take a paper towel and rub the left over oil into the pan.
4. Your pan is as good as new.By heating the pan you open the natural spores to allow the coconut oil to penetrate into the surface. We hope this helped to make your life a little easier and cleaning to not be so tedious.
“Waxing is Not a Luxury, it is a Necessity.” -Unknown
Three things around the house can make a luxury so much more affordable. We loved how well this wax worked and as a plus it has a delicious sweet aroma. This DIY was so easy to make as was affordable as well.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Popsicle Stick (For Spreading Wax)
- Place all ingredients into a small sauce pan.Boil for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally (Once the wax is cooked it should be a golden honey color) if it is to light then you didn’t cook it long enough, and if it is too dark then you cooked it too long.
2. Pour cooked wax into a glass or microwave safe container. ( If you are using a glass container then make sure it is warmed ahead of time so that the glass does not break.)
3. Let cool for at least 20 minutes, as the wax will be hot. When you think it might be ready be sure to test it with your finger as to not burn yourself. Once the wax has cooled, use your Popsicle Stick as a spatula and apply the wax to the desired area. Spread evenly but leave an edge to pull. You are going to apply the wax the opposite way the hair growths
4. You are going to pull the wax off in the same direction of the hair growth. ( Opposite than traditional waxing.
5. Here is a little example of how well it pulls the hair out. We only did a small section because we used Josh’s leg. (He was the only one in the house with hair.) As you can see, after there will be a little redness. We just applied some Aloe Vera Gel and in a few minutes he was good as new.
*tip: to clean the dish we used, we just soaked it in warm water and the wax dissolved.
We really love this recipe because it is so much more affordable than buying wax from a beauty supply store. He hope you liked this easy DIY! 🙂
“To Eat is a necessity, but to Eat Intelligently is an Art.” -Unknown
Pre-Made smoothie packs make your morning routine so much easier. We like to start off every Sunday and prepare our favorite recipes for our weekly smoothies. It is really easy and you can add all your favorite fruits and vegetables. The sky is the limit. You can also add your favorite additive such as yogurt or milk to an ice-cube tray and freeze, then add those in the baggies as well. We did not do that because we like to switch it up.
Here is what we used:
- Organic Whole Strawberries
- Freestone Peaches
- Organic Mango Chunks
- Pineapple Chunks
- Pure Acai
- Organic Raspberries
- Sandwich Bags
- If your using fresh fruit, wash and dice the ingredients you will be using. Separate everything in to baggies. We usually add a variety of fruits and vegetables that equal to about 2 to 3 cups in each bag. We always make our smoothies with either 1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk or 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt.
Here are some of our favorite smoothie combinations:
- “Strawberry Like You” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
2. “She’s a Super Peach” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
3. “Don’t Be a Blueberry” Smoothie
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Acai
- 1/2 Cups Strawberries
4. “Let’s Do The Mango” Smoothie
- 1 Cup Mango
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Strawberries
We hope this Mini DIY will help to make your mornings a little easier. You know what they say, ” Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Let us know which one is your favorite!