One mans trash is another mans treasure… – Unknown
Sometimes we have those stubborn labels that won’t come off, after we spend forever peeling piece by piece we are left with this sticky residue. We found a way to avoid all that nonsense with some items that you probably already in your house. You can use this trick with any glass bottle.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- Sink full of super hot water
- 2 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dish Soap
1.Fill your sink and bottle with very hot water. Put the bottle into the water.
2.Add the baking powder and dish soap to the water in the sink. Add the vinegar last.
3.You should now see a chemical reaction. Like this…
4.Leave the bottle in the mixture for 1 minutes. The label should slide right off.
You can use the bottles from this hack for many different things. We made a little vase. Get creative 🙂
“I’m crazy for color. Color embraces you. It wakes you up and keeps you present.- Tracey Reese
A lot of people don’t realize that Rit (Clothes Dye) can be used for many things. In our case we have these place mats the don’t quite match our home the way we would like them to. So with this affordable hack, you can make your home a little more to your liking.
What you will need:
- Place mats
- Rit Clothes dye
- Table Salt
- Take your place mat, or your wicker like material, and place it into a bucket of water.
(The amount of water needed for this diy depends on the number of bottles that you use of the dye.) We used 2 bottles and 6 liters water.
2. Once you have the correct amount of water prepared, go ahead and pour the bottle of dye in.
3. Before you submerge your mat into the bucket of dye, make sure the item is thoroughly wet. Then you can dunk it into your bucket. This is very important for even application of the dye. After allow it to soak for about 20-30 mins.( Make sure that you regularly check to make sure it is still submerged or you will get a blotchy effect onto the wicker)
4. Finally allow it to dry and then your place mat is ready to join the dining table again.
We hope you find this diy helpful and give it a try. Enjoy! 🙂