“Happiness is a ring on your finger.” -Unknown
Because of the placement of the diamonds on my engagement ring, the ring can not be sized down enough to fit my finger. I have tried many different ring sizers but they are all impractical. The little plastic ones slip off and the dipsize takes a million coats and forever to dry. Not only that but you have to redo it often. I don’t know about you but I do not have the time for that. So I found a solution. Hot glue! (do this at your own risk) I have only tried this on gold. Personally I have not had any damage to my ring. Just make sure the glue only gets on the band and not the diamonds.
-Hot glue gun
-Ring that is too big
-paper to put the glue on
- Clean your ring well with ring cleaner.
- Put the hot glue onto a piece of paper.
- Dip your ring into the glue.
- Once the band of the ring is covered, lift the ring and let the excess drip off.
- Let your ring dry for 5 minutes.
- Try the ring on for size, if it is still too big, repeat the steps until it fits.
Your ring is now ready to wear again. Usually this lasts a few weeks to a month. I like how there are no edges like the plastic ring sizers. Hope this little diy helps you 🙂