“Tear Off the Mask. Your Face is Glorious.” -Rumi
We have an awesome DIY peel of mask for you that tackles those pesky blackheads. We did not invent this mask but it is one of our favorites. It is really easy and you only need two items.
What you will need:
- 3 Tablets Activated Charcoal
- 1/4 Elmer’s School Glue
(Makes enough for 4 masks.)
- Measure your school glue
- Break open your charcoal tablets and pour into your glue.
- Stir well. (we just used a Popsicle stick for this)
- Now prepare your face by washing well with warm water. This will help to open your pores.
- Apply the mask to the desired areas. You can apply all over, or target blackhead prone areas such as the nose, chin, and forehead.
- Apply a thick layer, and avoid eyebrows and other areas with hair.
- Let the mask dry completely (about 20 min.)
- Now peel the mask off starting from the bottom to the top.
- This will remove tons of blackheads but if you have a lot it might take more than one application.
- Allow a couple of days in between applications so you don’t irritate your skin.
Hope you enjoy this DIY mask . 🙂
“You’ve got to be happy in your own skin” -Jada Pinkett Smith
To our fellow oily skin friends, we have an inexpensive solution for you. We have found an easy affordable face mask, using only two ingredients! That’s right! Only 2!
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has many skin benefits, such as wound healing, anti-inflammatory properties, treatment of acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Turmeric is also beneficial in many ways. One of the ways is, it regulates the production of Sebum (oil) in your skin. Depending on what you mix the turmeric with you can make many masks for all different skin types. Here is what it looks like mixed with the aloe vera gel.
You are now all set to slather it all over your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes (depending how oily you are). Take as many Selfies as your heart desires. Here is Josh enjoying his mask, and his selfies.
All of our Oily skin family members have fallen in love with this oil fighting skin mask. It is great for men and women. It also has a really nice spiced smell. Make sure you wash you face really well afterwards with an exfoliating face wash or a wash cloth. When you are finished your skin will feel so soft and fresh, you won’t believe it is your skin. We know you will be pleased with this face mask!
*This mask is best done before bedtime as you might have slightly yellow tinted skin immediately after. Exfoliating will remove all traces of the yellow mask.