“It doesn’t matter how ready you think you are. The toaster will always scare you.” -Unknown
Sometimes the little things, such as cleaning the toaster can be easily ignored. Then one day it gets so bad, your surprised at how dirty it has become. That’s what happened to us. There is so much build up, it makes it harder to clean. It’s not just a spot treatment anymore. Today we are going to show you how to make your toaster look new again. You just need a few things.
What you will need:
- Dirty Toaster (please don’t judge us)
- Your Favorite Dish Soap
- Clean Paint Brush
- Stainless Steal Polish
- Here is our toaster. As you can see it is full of crumbs and seeds at the bottom. Usually we just flip it upside down over the trash and shake hoping that most of it will come out. We did not even realize that there is a little tray that slides out.
2. The crumb tray is usually located in the back/bottom of the toaster. It should have a tab and slide right out.
3. Ours had quite a bit of build up. We shook the loose crumbs into the trash and soaked the tray in warm soapy water.
4. Next we turned the toaster upside down and shook the rest of the crumbs out.
5. After shaking all the crumbs loose, we took our little paintbrush with warm soapy water and cleaned out the crevices.
6. Now it is time to focus on the outside. Take a sponge and dip into warm soapy water again. Clean the outside and be gentle not to scratch the surface. Dry with a soft cloth.
7. Last take your stainless steel cleaner (this is our favorite part), and polish according to manufacturers directions.
This is what our toaster looked like after…Inside and out.
Thank you for following along with us. Your toaster will look as good as new in no time. Enjoy!
owing along with us. Your toaster will look as good as new in no time. Enjoy!